The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane Serum – 30ml
Retinol 1% in Squalane offers a water-free solution containing 1% retinol—an ingredient that improves the appearance of fine and dynamic lines that arise from a loss of collagen and elastin, while evening skin texture and tone. What’s more, this expert-level formula is supported with squalane, a moisturizing agent naturally found in your skin that enhances surface-level hydration and helps combat the dryness that can be associated with retinol use.
The Ordinary Tip: Start with Retinol 0.2% in Squalane and slowly work your way up to Retinol 0.5% in Squalane and Retinol 1% in Squalane. That said, if you are prone to sensitivity, you may prefer to use newer retinoid technologies, such as those found in our Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion.
Note: Once opened, this formula should be refrigerated and used within a three-month period.
Caution: Retinoids can make the skin more sensitive to UV radiation. Sun protection is particularly important when using retinoids. This product must not be used in conjunction with other retinoids including retinol or retinoic acid. This product is not a treatment for acne
Note: When pregnant or breastfeeding, it is recommended to avoid any skincare products containing retinoids such as formulations with Granactive Retinoid or Retinol
Regimen Step 2: Treat A high-strength retinol serum that targets general signs of skin aging.
Targets: Signs of Aging, Dryness, Textural Irregularities, Uneven Skin Tone
Suited to: All Skin Types
Format: Anhydrous Serum
Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Retinol, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydroxymethoxyphenyl Decanone, BHT.
How to Use:
- Apply a few drops to the face in the evening.
- Do not use with other retinoid products.
- Use sun protection during the day.
- Caution: Retinol can cause irritation, redness, and peeling, especially around the eyes and mouth, in the early stages of use while skin builds tolerance.
- Refrigerate after opening.
- If irritation occurs, rinse oﬀ, cease use, and consult a physician.
- Use only as directed on unbroken skin.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised.
- Keep out of reach of children.